Hopkinsville Community College – Kentucky Community and Technical College System
VETERANS SERVICES – ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Position 10014044)
Open Date: 05/08/23 – Close Date: 05/18/23
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
The primary purpose of the full time Veterans Services – Academic Advisor is to provide academic and career counseling to enhance students’ academic success.
• VA School Certifying Official for Hopkinsville Community College. Certify student enrollments through VA Enrollment Manager according to Veterans Affairs education benefits regulations. Coordinate with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Treasury – Debt Management, and Business Affairs to verify errors or accuracies in the repayment or collection of VA dollars. Ensure compliance with benefits awarded to ensure proper accounting in the HCC PeopleSoft student administration system and VA Enrollment Manager.
• Advise military-connected students of academic progress and direction to enhance academic success. Make recommendations and suggestions based on professional judgment and experience relative to the student’s degree pathway. Develop programming suitable for military-connected students to include outreach, retention, student, engagement, and academic progress. Monitor student progress of academic plan for Veterans Affairs and MyCAA educational benefits. Responsible for drafting educational and learning plans for students using MyCAA tuition assistance.
• Collaborate with Workforce Solutions staff and academic program coordinators to ensure effectiveness of academic planning, programming, and appropriate compliance of Veterans Affairs educational benefits and MyCAA tuition assistance.
• Train, communicate, give direction and guidance to Department of Veterans Affairs work study students.
• Other duties as assigned by Fort Campbell Campus/Education Center Director.
• Bachelor degree (Education with focus on counseling or student affairs, or related field), and two years related experience, or equivalent. Previous experience with military student population preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement events and day-to-day operations/duties.
• Demonstrates and facilitates a team spirit in department and community.
• Excellent computer skills.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on May 19, 2023.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
For questions regarding the above position, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY